CppAD uses operator overloading to compute derivatives of algorithms defined in C++. It is distributed by the COIN-OR Foundation with the Common Public License CPL or the GNU General Public License GPL. Installation procedures are provided for both Unix and Windows operating systems. The CppAD subversion repository can be used to view the source code. Extensive user and developer documentation is included.
- This is an open source project and is distributed as part of the Computational INfrastructure for Operations Research COIN-OR. To date, all of the source code was written by the the project manager Bradley M. Bell.
- Forward and reverse mode
- Derivatives of any order
- AD of functions defined using AD
- Sparsity patterns
- Templated numerical library (can use with other AD packages)
- HTML documentaiton with Latex
- XML documentaiton with Latex converted to MathML
- Extensive examples.
- Whats New
Entries in our publication database that actually use CppAD in the numerical experiments: 1
The following diagram shows these entries versus the year of the publication.